This post is for attendees of the workshop for Leadership NZ on 28 Oct. It’s a list of resources that may be of use when thinking about different ways to think about the future, and how to tell your story. Firstly, here’s a list of organisations that think about the future, and share that thinking:
- Shell energy scenarios can be accessed here.
- The Institute for the Future in California publishes a wide range of information, including it’s Maps of the Decade.
- The team from the Ministry of Trade and Industry in the Singapore Government do some outstanding work. they blog here and publish in a range of places, including here.
- The Sustainable Future Institute has a robust and fascinating series of publications that address the future of NZ, and you can access them via the website here.
With regards to telling rich stories that resonate, here’s a list of the links I referenced in my presentation:
- Dave Snowden mentions his see-attend-act model (if you Google it you will find more details)
- The website for the excellent book Made to Stick is here, along with some great free downloads.
- The Singapore MTI group have put one of their outstanding publications online here.
- Last, but not least, is the NZ PPTA animated video on YouTube.