I have worked with clients in a range of sectors including industrial design, energy, health, telecoms, financial services and research providers.
Examples of successful projects include :
- Engaged by one of New Zealand’s largest health providers to break the paradigms around health thinking in order to create a vision for a heath system in 2020. The process is sponsored by the CEO and Chairman of the Board. It has involved running a team of up to eight consultants, a series of large scale workshops and considerable innovative thinking about how to engage the workforce. The programme has attracted considerableinternational attention from people like David Albury (who used to advise Tony Blair) and organisations such as the NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement and the London-based heath think-tank called The Kings Fund.
- Part of the core team for the world’s largest foresight programme – Future Agenda. The programme run over 50 workshops in 25 countries around the world and engaged with scientists, academics, entrepreneurs and politicians. The full output of the programme – and the book that summarises everything – is online.
- Co-led a programme called Technology Futures (August 2006 – March 2008) for the Shell GameChanger team in The Hague. The programme identifies business opportunities in adjacent sectors in a twenty year time frame. A critical part of the programme requires the identification of forty world experts in areas as diverse as genetic engineering and architecture, then working with them in a group environment in locations around the globe. Co-wrote and edited the book that resulted from the programme (which can be downloaded here as a PDF). Shell is widely acknowledged as the global leader in scenario planning and make extensive use of the Technology Futures output to guide the formation of it’s worldwide strategy.
- Development of a practical and process led innovation strategy for New Zealands leading industrial design consultancy.
- Extensive work with Egg – Europes largest pure online financial services company. This ranged from analysis of the online gaming industry through to working with prototype developers and vendors on the future of deploying financial services on smartphones.
- Examination of changes in the m-commerce value chain for Enders Analysis (UK). Further analysis of the m-commerce value chain in a report for KPMG (it’s from the early 2000s but you can view the report here.)
You can also read further examples in the case studies section of my blog.